MAY Cake Decorator of the Month - Pamela Giannetti
1. What did you have for breakfast this morning?
I need to start my day with a “cappuccino” as always!
2. How long have you been Cake Decorating for?
Since 2013 (OMG how many years!)
3. Why did you choose Cake Decorating?
Looking back, I never remember a moment in my life when I didn't want to make a dessert! Eggs, sugar, and flour have always been the essential ingredients of my days. When I was 4 years old my parents gave me the "Sweet Oven Harbert" (the most coveted toy of all future little pastry chefs of the 80's). From that moment, I began to experiment with many recipes and to tell the truth I have never stopped!
4. In times of doubt, what do you do to get back into your creative zone?
Sometimes it’s normal having doubts. Usually I stop, take a breath. Maybe walking or watching a movie or cooking (it’s therapeutic for me)…and creativity will be back soon!
5. Where did you learn your Cake Decorating
skills? I’m self-taught and I started experimenting with new techniques and attending courses. The very first one I did was on sugar paste roses, I still remember it with pleasure.
6. What is your typical day like, what does it
I wake up every morning at 7 am, have breakfast, make lunch for my son and my husband and take my son to school! So my real day starts at 8:30 am 😅
Baking and creating the videos or content is my life…so usually I work hard all day to come up new ideas or recipes.
7. We know Edible Art Paint is a medium you use, what do you love about it?
I think there is nothing more creative than using Edible Art Paint! It’s so versatile and I can use it on everything. I love using it to make cookies…it’s amazing to know I can eat what I create with all my passion! ☺️
8. What is your #1 piece of advice for the newbies in Cake Decorating?
You have to find your own way and your own identity in what you create. In this time, there are many bakers, especially on Instagram, but it’s important to stand out. Practice it’s important but you need to feel free to do what makes you happy! Dreams exist and can be realized…always believe in ourselves and never give up! 😊
9. Who is your inspiration in the Cake Decorating world - name three (TAG THEM)
OMG only three?! It’s so hard! I need to tag for sure Sheri @sheri_wilson_, Rosie @sugarandsaltcookies, Jyoti @thepurplecupcake_ and please another one Josie @sweetjosiebakes.
10. Who is your inspiration outside of the Cake
Decorating world. List three.
Uhmm…I love scrolling through Pinterest, I can find a lot of inspiration here. Reading books or listening music…Sometimes I get inspiration when I'm in the car and listen to music (I have to stop and take notes!)